Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Fixing a washing machine

Brag of the day: I fixed our clothes washer. It wouldn't drain anymore, so I read some troubleshooting tips, took the back and bottom off and found the problem, ordered a new drain pump assembly and just finished installing it. And it works! It took me a month to get myself to do it, mainly because I was intimidated by the task and for a while figured we'd just hire someone to fix it, but after I checked around and found that it would be around $200 to fix it, and the washer only cost $300, Adam encouraged me to do it myself. It is very satisfying, and only cost $35, including shipping.

No comments: